Modified from here.
This is even more delicious that the condensed soup version! Celiac and EOE friendly. Number two in what will hopefully be a larger series of recipes for my daughter.
Medium yellow onion
1.5 cups rice
2.5 cups beef broth
4.5 tbsp gluten free flour
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh white mushrooms
Boneless chicken breasts trimmed and quartered (about 4)
Prep about 15 minutes; cook time about 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Chop onion into small pieces
3. Cook onion over medium heat in a skillet in a couple tablespoons of olive oil until tan
4. Add 1.5 cups of beef broth and reduce for 5 minutes
5. While broth is reducing, rub some olive oil liberally in a 9×14 (or similar) glass casserole dish.
6. Add 1.5 cups rice and 1.5 cups water to casserole dish, mix
7. Add broth/onion mixture to casserole dish and mix
8. To skillet (no need to clean), add more olive oil and slight brown mushrooms for a minute or two
9. To 1 cup (cold) beef broth, add 4.5 tbsp GF fluor and mix vigorously; add mixture to mushrooms
10. Immediately add 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk and mix thoroughly
11. Reduce until thick (probably only a minute or two); incorporate into rice mixture in casserole dish until homogenous.
12. Quarter chicken breast and lay on top of rice mixture; season with pepper and salt
13. Cover tightly with foil and cook 1 hour at 350
14. Check to make sure chicken is done by cutting through the thickest piece.